Irish Theatre Institute (ITI) welcomes applications from playwrights and theatre makers for participation in a series of Writing Workshops with playwright and director Javier Daulte. These workshops follow Javier’s Masterclass on “Subjectivity and Emotion”, hosted online 22nd June.
The workshops will take place on Monday afternoons 29th June – 31st August 2020 (Zoom). Over eight sessions participants will engage in Javier’s dramaturgical methodology, share work with each other and will each draft a new play. Each session is three hours long. A minimum of five of the ten places available will be awarded through this open call.
These workshops are free of charge and kindly supported by Dublin City Council Arts Office.
To apply please provide the following:
1. A statement on “How you think these writing workshops will benefit you and your practice”? (50 words max);
2. CV (maximum two A4 pages) highlighting your writing/ theatre making and credited productions;
3. Confirmation that you are available to attend the eight workshops on Mondays from 2-5 pm in the period 29th June to 31st August (no workshops scheduled on 6th July or 3rd August. Subject to confirmation). Please note the sessions will be recorded for documentation purposes;
4. Contact details including mobile number.
• Eligibility Requirements: Participants must be a practising professional playwright and/or theatre maker and must be available to participate in all eight sessions.
• Selection Process: Applications will be assessed by ITI. Applications are accepted by open call to ensure fair selection and a diverse range of participants.
• Deadline: Applications should be sent by email to Leigh Hussey, Programme Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 24th June, 12pm (midday).
All applications will be acknowledged by email. If you apply and do not receive an email, please contact us to ensure your application has reached us.
All details are subject to change. Please note that we will not be in a position to provide feedback to applications.
About Javier Daulte
Javier Daulte is a leading screenwriter, playwright and theatre director who is recognised by more than eighty awards nationally and internationally. He is renowned as a playwright for his treatment of gender, hyper and magic realism, and brilliant realistic dialogue. His dramatic comedies have transformed the theatre scene in Buenos Aires and Barcelona playing to packed houses for extended runs. Often directing his own work, his productions show his dynamic production style and unique approach to acting.
Javier teaches acting courses, seminars and playwriting in Buenos Aires, Barcelona, Madrid, Mexico City, Caracas, among other cities, and has participated in many different international festivals. He is an Educational Advisor at the School of Interpretation Eolia City of Barcelona, where his method for actors is called The Daulte Procedure.
Irish Theatre Institute is proudly funded by the Arts Council /An Chomhairle Ealaíon.