Irish Theatre Institute (ITI) is offering one week, short-notice residencies at Áras Éanna Arts Centre, Inis Óirr for theatre artists/makers working in an inter-disciplinary way. Located on Inis Óirr, an island off the coast of Galway with a population of less than 300 people, the Centre hosts a theatre, art gallery, café, and a number of artists’ studios at a stunning location overlooking Inis Meáin, Connemara, and the Atlantic Ocean.
Irish Theatre Institute and Áras Éanna are partnering to make six places available, for a week each, to artists wishing to experience the inspiring landscape and warm hospitality that the island offers.
Each selected artist will have the following:
- Accommodation for one week in a shared house on the island with private bedroom for each artist;
- A stipend of €600.00 for the week plus travel expenses to and from Galway;
- Transport to the island and back to the mainland;
- Studio/performance space in the Arts Centre to work.
As Inis Óirr is in the heart of Ireland’s Gaeltacht where Irish is the first language spoken, we are encouraging applications from artists for whom English may not be their first language AND/OR from artists with a level of fluency in Irish who wish to work in this environment.
Artists may apply for 1 of the following weeks (3 spaces available per week):
1. Sunday 3rd – 9th October
2. Sunday 10th – 16th October
ITI and Áras Éanna are committed to equality and diversity. We welcome applications from artists resident in the Republic and Northern Ireland, and from people of all genders, nationalities, races, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, ages, religions, languages, different abilities, sexual orientations, or socio-economic statuses. We want to hear from artists who are parents and carers. We particularly encourage applications from members of groups who are underrepresented in the Irish arts sector. We also welcome applications from parenting artists- due to the pandemic any support offered is contingent upon current creche guidelines.
How to Apply:
- Send us a curriculum vitae outlining your recent theatre experience and projects OR a description of the professional work you have done as an artist which can be submitted in text form or by short (2 min) video clip.
- Please tell us the following: How would this one-week residency be of benefit to your artistic development? (150 words max)
To apply email email@example.com with the subject line Áras Éanna Residency. Please include which week you are applying for – participants must be fully available for the week they choose. Applications will be assessed by Irish Theatre Institute and Áras Éanna.
Deadline to apply: Thursday 23rd September, 12pm (noon).
We apologise for the short notice of this call out but with the limitations in relation to Covid-19 we were unsure if we would be able to offer the residency at the time allotted.