Culture Ireland, Dublin Theatre Festival and Irish Theatre Institute invite submissions from Irish artists/companies who wish to avail of the opportunity to pitch previously staged Irish work to international programmers and presenters, with the aim of having the work selected for future presentation abroad, as part of this year’s International Theatre eXchange (2nd October) during Dublin Theatre Festival, 24 Sept –11 October 2015.
The international delegates are invited, with the support of Culture Ireland, to see new work during Dublin Theatre Festival and the ITX session is an initiative to extend this promotional opportunity to companies whose work was presented outside the festival period. Successful applicants will be offered a 20-minute platform to pitch their projects to delegates, using a combination of performance, spoken presentation and high quality moving-image footage of the work. The pitch will take place on the morning of Friday 2nd October 2015. Technical support and AV (projector, PA) will be provided.
The objectives of this initiative are:
• To provide a platform for Irish artists/producers to present and promote their work to international presenters
• To create opportunities for Irish artists to build international touring networks for their work
• To introduce international programmers to Irish artists and companies
Applications must meet the following criteria:
• The work must have been produced and presented professionally in Ireland during the period 1 May 2014 to 30 June 2015. Work presented as part of the 2014 Dublin Theatre Festival programme is not eligible for submission.
• Work must be suitable in terms of scale and availability for international touring opportunities during 2016/2017.
• Evidence of positive independent critical recognition must be available.
• High-quality moving image documentation of the work is an essential requirement.
• The applicant must be available for preparatory work in advance of the festival and to meet international presenters over the weekend of 2 – 5 October, 2015.
• A production which has already had a high profile presentation outside of Ireland will not be eligible for consideration.
Applications will be assessed based on the following:
• The production must be of a high quality in terms of performance, production values and content.
• The capacity of the artist/company to avail of touring opportunities arising from inclusion in the programme.
• Current programming trends in key international festivals and venues.
Applications should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm on Wednesday 12th August 2015 enclosing an online link to the production footage.
Download application form here