Culture Ireland, Dublin Theatre Festival and Irish Theatre Institute invite submissions from Irish artists/companies who wish to avail of the opportunity to pitch previously staged work to international programmers and presenters as part of this year’s Dublin Theatre Festival, 25th Sept – 12 Oct 2014.
Successful applicants will be offered a 20-minute platform to pitch their projects to visiting international delegates, using a combination of spoken presentation and high quality moving-image footage of the work, as part of the 2014 International Theatre eXchange. The pitch will take place in the Wood Quay venue on the morning of Friday 3rd October 2014. Technical support and AV (projector, PA) will be provided.
The objectives of this initiative are:
• To provide a platform for Irish artists/producers to present and promote their work to international presenters
• To create opportunities for Irish artists to build international touring networks for their work.
• To introduce international programmers to Irish artists and companies
Applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
– The work must have been produced and presented professionally in Ireland during the period 1st May 2013 to 30th June 2014. Work presented as part of the 2013 Dublin Theatre Festival programme is not eligible for submission.
– The production must be of a high quality in terms of performance, production values and content delivery.
– It must be suitable in terms of scale and availability for international touring opportunities during 2015/2016.
– A production which has had an extended run in Ireland (over six weeks in any one outing) or which has had a high profile presentation outside of Ireland (over four weeks) will not be eligible for consideration.
– Evidence of positive independent critical recognition.
– High-quality moving image documentation of the work is an essential requirement.
– The applicant must be available for preparatory work in advance of the Festival and to meet international presenters over the weekend of 2 – 4 October, 2014.
Additional factors which may be taken into account in the selection include
– Current programming trends in key international festivals and venues
– The capacity of the artist/company to avail of touring opportunities arising from inclusion in the programme.
Interested applicants should submit an application to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm on Wednesday 6th August, enclosing an online link to the production footage (or, alternatively, a DVD should be sent to Catriona Ryan, Culture Ireland, Department of Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht, 23 Kildare Street, Dublin 2).
Download application form here.