Irish Theatre Institute, in association with Age & Opportunity‘s Bealtaine Festival, presents
PRIME: CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CPD) FOR ACTORS AGED 55 – 80 YEARS
Are you a Professional Actor aged 55 – 80? Interested in developing fresh approaches to your practice and ways to stimulate your ideas to create your own work?
‘Being part of Prime … has created a whole new perspective on both a career and personal level, all for the better’ – prime 2015 participating actor
Read ‘The stage is set for a fight against ageism‘ article on prime 2015 participants in The Irish Times, 5th May 2016
Call for Participants in prime 2016 now open
prime is a free 6 day programme focussing on career supports and training opportunities for the mature professional actor. This intensive programme of professional development allows you to engage with a community of your peers as well as industry professionals over 6 days between May and July 2016.
Developed by Irish Theatre Institute, in association with Age & Opportunity’s Bealtaine Festival, this second iteration of prime offers professional theatre actors the opportunity to participate in a continuing professional development programme focussing on career supports and training opportunities including sessions on entrepreneurship and welfare as well as physical health supports. Daily sessions will include:
– Physical and Mental Well-being: comprises warm-up techniques and exploration of other physical and mental practices e.g. voice, movement, memory.
– Entrepreneurial Skills/ Managing Yourself and Your Career: get advice and information on social welfare and pensions, financial planning, available funding, grant application writing, self-promotion in a technical age and networking.
– Industry Sessions and Case Studies: networking opportunities with invited guest speakers. A chance to hear the experiences of other arts practitioners working beyond the ‘normal’ retirement age. prime 2015 speakers included contributions from representatives of funding bodies, Theatre Directors, Producers, Casting Directors, Literary Managers, Venue Programmers.
‘…a way to reconnect with the theatre family’ – prime 2015 participating actor
The programme, which will take place in Dublin City Centre, will be offered free on a first-come, first-served basis to professional theatre actors who meet the criteria which are:
1. You are a professional theatre actor between 55 and 80 years.
2. You are available for work in the theatre sector.
3. You are available, in principle, to participate on the dates of the programme (initial dates: 23rd & 24th May, plus four dates June – July 2016).
4. You will participate in an evaluation of the prime programme.
Contact: Eláine Donnelly, General Manager, Irish Theatre Institute for more details and a Show of Interest form.
Tel: 01 6704906 for further information
Dates and programme schedule subject to change
prime 2016 – Show of Interest Form (Word)
Word | 0KB
prime 2016 – Show of Interest Form (PDF)
Pdf | 474KB
Age & Opportunity Bealtaine Festival 2016 programme
Pdf | 1533KB