An IRISH THEATRE INSTITUTE initiative in association with Galway2020
Irish Theatre Institute and Galway 2020 invite applications from self-producing artists and emerging producers to participate in a two-day training initiative on Tuesday 3rd and Wednesday 4th November2015.
The aim of this two day intensive workshop is to better inform the self-producing artist and emerging producer about the practicalities of the production process and to equip them with the tools required to make their practice more sustainable. On completion, participants should have a clearer understanding of the production process, strategic planning and management, marketing and the practical applications involved in budget creation and projection.
The course will cover essential skills for the self-producing artist including:
• Strategic Planning
• Developing a Producing Brief
• Understanding your Finances
• Knowing and Reaching your Audience
• Perfecting your Pitch
• Knowing when to say ‘No’
• Scheduling and Running your Production
• Documenting your Work
The training will have a maximum of 15 participants – up to two people from one company can apply to attend together (e.g. an artist and their producer). The workshop is facilitated by Siobhán Bourke (Co- Director), Jane Daly (Co-Director) and Eláine Donnelly (General Manager) of Irish Theatre Institute.
• Participants must have a minimum of two professional productions in the past three years
• Participants must have a new project in the pipeline
• Participants must be fully available to commit to participate on the 3rd & 4th November, 10am – 5pm.
• Training is suitable for theatre practitioners who have not previously participated in ITI’s two-day Creative Producing programme delivered in Dublin in 2013/14.
• There is no participation fee.
• Town Hall Theatre Studio, Galway
• Each individual artist must return the application form accompanied by a CV outlining his/her recent professional theatre activities.
• Applications should be addressed to Eláine Donnelly, General Manager and sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Friday 23rd October @ 5.00pm
• All applications will be acknowledged by email. If you apply and do not receive an email please contact us to ensure your application has reached us safely.
Self-Producing Artist Training Galway Nov 15 Application Form
Word | 0KB