Irish Theatre Institute invites applications from self-producing and emerging artists interested in participating in a one-day training initiative on Thursday 31st July.
The aim of this intensive, practical workshop is to assist artists intending to apply for Theatre Project Award funding (deadline Thursday 28th August). The day will focus on the application process especially project definition and description, budgeting and scheduling. On completion of the workshop, participants should be better informed about the application process, the content and planning required and the practical use of Excel in budget construction and projection.
The training will have a maximum of 10 participants (two people from one company can apply to participate together e.g. an artist and their producer).
It will be facilitated by Jane Daly and Siobhán Bourke, Co-Directors, Irish Theatre Institute.
- Participants must have completed at least one professional project to date.
- Participants must have a new project in the pipeline, with plans to participate in the upcoming Arts Council Theatre Project Award application process.
- Each successful participant will be expected to bring a first draft of a Theatre Project Award application with them to work on during the workshop.
- Participants must be fully available to commit to the full day on Thursday 31st July from 9.30am -5pm.
- €20 per person – to cover tea/coffee, lunch and training materials (€35 for two people from one company)
- Irish Theatre Institute, 17 Eustace Street, Temple Bar, Dublin 2
- Each individual artist must complete and return an application form, accompanied by a CV, outlining their recent professional theatre activities and planned future project. (NO MORE THAN 200 WORDS) Please also indicate for which strand of the Theatre Project Award you intend applying.
- Application forms can be downloaded by clicking here and sent by email to Eláine Donnelly, General Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications will be assessed by ITI staff, with a view to selecting participants who satisfactorily meet the criteria set.
- Application is by open call to ensure fair selection and a wide range of participants.
- Tuesday 22nd July at 5.30pm
- All applications will be acknowledged by email. If you apply and do not receive an email please contact us to ensure your application has reached us safely.
Self-producing Artist Training is an ITI mentoring initiative. In autumn 2014 ITI will run its second two-day Self Producing Artist Strategic and Creative Planning workshop to complement and build the self-producing artist’s skills base.