ARE YOU A SELF-PRODUCING ARTIST?
ARE YOU APPLYING FOR A THEATRE PROJECT AWARD?
DO YOU NEED SOME HELP?
Are you a Self-Producing Artist planning to apply to the Arts Council’s Theatre Project Awards in August 2015? You know what your project is but you’re unsure what funding strand is best suited to you or how to begin tackling the application process. Irish Theatre Institute invites applications for its intensive grant application training workshop which helps to equip artists with the necessary tools for writing applications and preparing realistic budgets.
- What is your project and what Award Strand best suits your application?
- What do innovation, experimentation and collaboration mean?
- How do you describe your work? Does your project meet the Award assessment criteria?
- Who are your artistic collaborators and your presenting partners? What is an MOU?
- Have you scheduled a realistic timeline for your project?
- What are the financial needs of your project and what is your projected audience?
- Have you got all of the supporting material you need to ensure your application is eligible?
These are just some of the questions that will be addressed in this interactive Project Award Application Training Workshop on Wednesday 22nd July 2015.
- Participants must have completed at least one professional theatre project to date.
- Participants must have a new project in the pipeline, with plans to participate in the upcoming Arts Council Theatre Project Award application process (deadline 20th August).
- Each successful participant MUST bring a first draft of a Theatre Project Award application with them to work on during the workshop (and a laptop/tablet).
- Participants must be fully available to commit to the full day on Wednesday 22nd July from 10.00am-4pm.
- €25 per person – includes tea/coffee, lunch and training materials
Date & Venue
- Wednesday 22nd July 2015
- Irish Theatre Institute, 17 Eustace Street, Temple Bar, Dublin 2
- Each individual artist must complete and return an application form, accompanied by a CV, outlining their recent professional theatre activities and planned future project. (NO MORE THAN 200 WORDS) Please also indicate for which strand of the Theatre Project Award you intend applying.
- The Application Form can be downloaded here and should be completed in full and sent by email to Eláine Donnelly, General Manager, email@example.com
- Applications will be assessed by ITI staff, with a view to selecting participants who satisfactorily meet the criteria set.
- Application is by open call to ensure fair selection and a wide range of participants.
- Places are limited to artists who have not previously undertaken this training workshop.
- Thursday 16th July, 5pm
- All applications will be acknowledged by email. If you apply and do not receive an email please contact us to ensure your application has reached us safely.
Please note: The workshop can accommodate a maximum of 8participants. While ITI cannot guarantee that your Project Grant application will be successful we can provide you with the skills and the knowledge that will assist with this and other future applications. Please note that this training is not for independent Producers but specifically for self-producing artists.
Self-Producing Artist Training is an initiative of ITI Mentoring and will be led by Co-Directors Siobhán Bourke and Jane Daly and General Manager, Eláine Donnelly.
In autumn 2015 ITI will run its two-day Self Producing Artist Strategic and Creative Planning workshop to complement and build the self-producing artist’s skills base.
Word | 0KB