Culture Ireland, Irish Theatre Institute and Dublin Fringe Festival invite submissions from Irish artists/companies who wish to avail of the opportunity to pitch to international programmers and presenters, as part of this year’s Information Toolbox on Saturday 15th September 2018.
The purpose of this session is to allow artists to pitch new projects and projects in development to delegates with the intention of generating international presentation or co-producing opportunities for the artists and their work. Successful applicants will be offered a 10-minute platform to pitch their projects to national and international delegates, using a potential combination of performance, spoken presentation and high quality moving-image footage relating to the proposed work. Artists from any discipline are eligible to apply. Successful artists will be required to work with Culture Ireland and Irish Theatre Institute to prepare their pitch in advance.
Applications must meet the following criteria:
– Artist must include details of the work in development as part of their application. If no work is specified, application will be deemed ineligible.
– Evidence of track record and positive independent critical recognition for the artist/company must be available.
– The applicant must be available for preparatory work in advance of the Fringe and to meet international presenters over the weekend of 14 – 16 September 2018.
– Artists from any artform are eligible to apply.
– Artists whose work will be featured in the 2018 programmes of either Dublin Fringe Festival or Dublin Theatre Festival are ineligible to apply. A further call for the Pitching Session of International Theatre eXchange will be posted later.
Applications will be assessed based on the following:
– The capacity of the artist/company to avail of international opportunities.
– Current programming trends in key international festivals and venues.
– The extent to which the application fulfils the qualifying criteria.
– Selection will be made jointly by Irish Theatre Institute, Culture Ireland and Dublin Fringe Festival and will take into account the likely international attendees at the event.